Crews working for WSSC Water will be in your neighborhood soon to replace our aging pipes as part of our comprehensive water main replacement program. Construction to replace approximately 7,653 feet/1.42 miles of WSSC water mains is expected to begin on or about Wednesday, March 10, 2021 and be complete by January 2022, weather permitting. Final restoration of sidewalks, roadways and landscaping will take place within 90 days of construction completion Projects completed during the winter months will be restored the following spring.
Please see the project map on the back to view the streets where work will be taking place. A WSSC Water inspector will supervise the work, which is being performed by BA Construction, Inc.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- New water mains will be installed using an open-cut construction method, which involves constructing a trench by cutting and excavating a section of the pavement. This construction method does not create noise or dust. This type of work is typically done during the day unless otherwise required as a condition of the work permit.
- Above ground (bypass pipes) will be installed to maintain water service for your home. These pipes will be placed along the roadway edge and provide the same quality of water to your home.
- Smaller pipes will be connected from the bypass to your home for temporary water service.
- Additional information regarding the water main replacement process can be found online at www.wsscwater.com/srm.
- Anticipated work hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Work hours for Baltimore Avenue/US-1 only: 10:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m. Work may occasionally extend beyond these hours to complete specific tasks.
- WSSC Water works to minimize impacts to your water service, however, there will be occasions when your water service is disrupted. WSSC Water will provide 48-hour advanced notice prior to any planned water service interruptions.
- Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead as temporary changes to traffic patterns and lane dosures will cause delays during working hours on Cherry Hill Road and Baltimore Avenue/US-1. There will be no permanent lane closures, lanes will be opened at the end of the working day.
- There may be temporary parking restrictions in residential neighborhoods. Any vehicles that have not been removed from the area (as denoted by "No Parking" signs) by the time the parking restrictions take effect will be towed to a nearby street at no cost to the owner.
- Directly impacted residents will receive 48-hour advanced notice prior to any water service interruptions or parking restrictions. During parking restriction hours, you will still have access to your home.
- Please contact the Technical Contract Supervisor if you need special accommodations.
*'WSSC Water Technical Contract Supervisor: Tim Allen, 240-676-5970, Tim.Allen@wsscwater.com
- Sign-up at www.wsscwater.com/CNS, to receive emails and/or text alerts so you can keep updated on work in your neighborhood.
Contact WSSC Water's 24-Hour Emergency Call Center at 301.206.40021 in the event of a water or sewer emergency.
For more information, including map of the project area, vist: https://www.collegeparkmd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2728/WSSC-Notification---Cherry-Hill-WMR-Project-