DATE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6 & 20, 2018
HOURS: 7:30 A.M.-12:00 P.M.
LOCATION: 9217 51ST AVENUE, COLLEGE PARK
The City of College Park Department of Public Works facility will be open for City residents to drop-off bulky trash, electronics for recycling, brush, and yard trim. Rain barrels ($72), yard waste carts ($25), and backyard compost bins ($20) are available for purchase and pick-up.
* You must be a resident of the City of College Park and bring proof of City residency in order to participate, although anyone can buy compost or wood mulch during this event.
* Hazardous materials will not be accepted (light bulbs or tubes, batteries, shingles, propane tanks, paint, etc.)
* Residents may dispose of one of each of the following items per year for free: air conditioners, heat pumps, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators. Tires will incur a disposal fee of $4.00 each.
* Wood mulch and Smartleaf® screened compost will also be available, you don’t need to be a resident in order to purchase.
Two participating organizations Community Forklift and GreenDrop are accepting donations that are still in good condition. Clean out your homes, garages, and sheds, and bring the items you no longer use or need and donate them for reuse. Donations are tax deductable. The following types of materials will be collected separately so they may be reused:
* Community Forklift accepts donations of surplus, gently-used, and salvaged home improvement supplies. Click here for full list of acceptable items.
* GreenDrop accepts all articles of clothing, shoes, blankets and bedding, as well as
tools, collectibles, kitchenware, toys, small appliances, electronics and sporting goods. Click here for full list of acceptable items.
Residents may pick up Smartleaf® screened compost for free during the two clean-up Saturday events. Limit 2 cubic yards per resident, per trip. You must bring proof of City of College Park residency to participate.