WSSC Water will be performing a temporary water shut-off on Campus Drive on Monday, November 30 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.; affected homes have been notified. Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead and expect lane closures, as crews work in the North and South bound lanes of U.S. RT 1 and Campus Dr. Safety cones will be in place to keep the work zone safe. In the event of inclement weather or other technical problems, the water service interruption will be rescheduled for Tuesday, December 1 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
HOW TO PREPARE
• WSSC Water suggests you store water for short-term use. Water for consumption can be stored in clean glass or plastic jars. Water for other purposes can be stored in sinks, bathtubs, laundry tubs, coolers or pots. Please make sure that large containers of water are not accessible to children.
• When your water service is restored, you may experience discolored water or have air trapped in your water lines. • Discolored water may not be aesthetically pleasing, but it is safe. However, WSSC Water does not recommend using discolored water to do laundry, as clothes can become stained.
• After water main repair work is completed in your area, flush the COLD-water lines in your home or business using the following steps:
• Run all COLD-water taps for about five minutes or until the water runs clear.
• Begin with the lowest faucet in your home or business and then open the other faucets one at a time, moving from your lowest floor to your highest.
• Once the water runs clear, usually in five minutes or less, turn off your faucets in the same order, lowest to highest.
• You should also flush your refrigerator's water lines.
• If the discolored water persists after running your cold-water lines for five minutes, please report it to the Emergency Call Center at 301-206-4002 or email@example.com.
• Home Access: WSSC Water will ensure residents have access to their homes during work hours.
CONTACT INFORMATION/QUESTIONS • On-site WSSC Water Inspector: Carrance E. Newsome, cell phone 301-771-1063 Carrance.Newsome @wsscwater.com • WSSC Water Technical Contract Supervisor: Calvin Johnson, 202.594.6800, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sign up at www.wsscwater.com/CNS, to receive emails and/or text alerts regarding WSSC Water-related incidents in your area.
• We understand the inconvenience these types of projects can cause and appreciate your patience as we work to provide safe, seamless and satisfying water services, for our customers every day.