Clean-Up Saturdays in April at DPW
Clean-Up Saturdays in April
Saturday, April 1, 8, 22 & 29, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Department of Public Works, 9217 51st Avenue
The City's annual spring clean-up for City residents is coming! The four April cleanup days are for residents only; proof of residency is required.
As part of the cleanup dates...
- Resident can drop-off bulky trash, yard waste and brush, and electronics for recycling.
- Styrofoam will be collected for special recycling (molded #6 expanded polystyrene foam; foam coolers & electronics packaging). The styrofoam cannot be contaminated with tape, stickers, food, or other impurities. No food or beverage containers or packing peanuts.
- Air conditioners, heat pumps, refrigerators and freezers may dropped off and could incur a disposal fee.
- Tires will incur a disposal fee of $4.00 each.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted (shingles, propane tanks, paint, etc.).
- SMARTLEAF® compost will be available for sale $28 a cubic yard – residency is NOT required.
Residents can also donate to two different non-profits. Donating helps divert items from the landfill that are still in good condition, and donations are tax deductible. Clean out your homes, garages, and sheds, and bring the items you no longer use or need and donate them for reuse. We will once again be working with two non-profits:
- Community Forklift accepts donations of surplus, gently-used and salvaged home improvement supplies. Click here for a full list of acceptable items.
- GreenDrop, an organization selected by the Military Order of the Purple Heart, the National Federation of the Blind and the Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Philadelphia, to raise funds through the collection of donated clothing and household items. Click here for a full list of acceptable items.